Pool Pump Fail (Part 3)
Pool Pump Fail (Part 3)

Pool Pump Fail (Part 3)

In case you missed it: Part 1Part 2

It’s finally over… almost. We’re at a 95% solution on this pool pump and for once I feel like I’ve got a handle on the situation. I went through so many stages of panic and sorrow. I thought for sure I had thousands of dollars of repairs before me. Overall I think I spent somewhere around $250 if we include the tools, the piping, and the motor repair.

As is not a surprise, I completely goof the PVC install. Sigh. But you know, we’re getting there. We’re lucky to even own a pool. Not going to complain. I just need to learn how to deal with it!

Plan B was to try tubing. It was near impossible to match up the original tubing. The tubing I found at Lowes was reinforced and not at all pliable. No hardware or pool stores in this area carry the type of flexible tubing I’m was looking for. I settled (and crossed my fingers) for 1 1/2″ industrial PVC tubing. Seems to have worked out.

Pool Pump: Century Electric HST110

Filter: Hayward S210T 

Tools: PVC Pipe Cutter (Kobalt), PVC Brush (Kobalt), Primer & Glue Pack (Christy’s), 1 1/2″ PVC Piping & various connectors (all bought at Lowe’s).

One comment

  1. Pingback: A Hike to Charlie's Bunion - I Suck At Everything

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: