Sam & Devise A Plan!
…to make decent tasting sausage for our Chalupa Sausage Experiment. What’s up Suckas! If you missed it head over and watch Part 1 and then come back for the rest.
Throw us a subscribe while your at it!
You’ll need equipment if you don’t have any, of course.
Meat Grinder – I recommend STX products. They chew through anything at an affordable price:STX Turboforce II
Casings – I always buy natural casings. I know in my videos I’m a little bit dramatic but believe me, these are sturdy and have no taste:Natural Hog Casings by Oversea Casing
About 3 Pounds/1.4 Kilograms Ground Chuck
Make the Sausage
- Soak your casings for at least 15 – so, while they soak…
- Chop up your meat into cubes that will fit your grinder/sausage maker
- Mix in the Taco Bell Seasoning packets well
- Equip the grinder with a medium grinding plate
- Grind the meat and mix again (to better incorporate the seasonings)
- Grind a second time
- Remove grinding plate and equip the grinder with the sausage plate (see video) and sausage tube
- Clean out casings by running water through them
- Roll casing onto the sausage tube all the way — like a condom (see video)
- Delicately push meat down the casing shaft and into the casing (see video)
Stay tuned for the taste test!